Student teachers’ subject knowledge for mathematics teaching
Education Tripos, professional development of primary and secondary teachers of mathematics
- 2011Thwaites, A., Jared, L. and Rowland, T. Analysing secondary mathematics teaching with the Knowledge Quartet. Research in Mathematics Education 13(2), pp. 227-8
- 2011 Rowland, T., Thwaites, A. and Jared, L. Triggers of contingency in mathematics teaching. In B. Ubuz (Ed.). Proceedings of the 35th Conference of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education, Vol. 4, pp. 73-80. Ankara, Turkey: PME.
- 2009 Rowland, T., Turner, F., Thwaites, A. and Huckstep, P. Developing Primary Mathematics Teaching: reflecting on practice with the Knowledge Quartet London: Sage
- 2006 Rowland, T., Huckstep, P. and Thwaites, A. 'Developing mathematics teaching: the genesis of the knowledge quartet'. Scientia Pedagogica Experimentalis XLII(2), pp. 331-350
- Thwaites, A., Rowland, T. and Huckstep, P. ‘The Knowledge Quartet: a Framework for Developing Mathematics Teachers’ Content Knowledge’ Paper presented at the European Conference on Educational Research, University College Dublin, 7-10 September 2005 http://www.leeds.ac.uk/educol/documents/149989.htm
- 2005 Rowland, T., Huckstep, P. & Thwaites, A. ‘Elementary teachers’ mathematics subject knowledge: the knowledge quartet and the case of Naomi’ Journal of Mathematics Teacher Education 8(3) pp.255-281 http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10857-005-0853-5
- 2003 Rowland, T., Huckstep, P. and Thwaites, A. 'Observing subject knowledge in primary mathematics teaching'. Proceedings of the British Society for Research into Learning Mathematics 23(1) pp. 37-42
- 2003 Rowland, T., Huckstep, P. and Thwaites, A. 'The choice of examples in the teaching of mathematics: what do we tell the trainees?'. Proceedings of the British Society for Research into Learning Mathematics 23(2) pp. 85-90.
- 2003 Rowland, T., Huckstep, P. and Thwaites, A. 'Novices' choice of examples in the teaching of elementary mathematics'. In A. Rogerson (Ed.) Proceedings of the International Conference on the Decidable and the Undecidable in Mathematics Education. (pp. 242-245). Brno, Czech Republic, September 2003.