Mammary gland development, breast cancer, cell signalling, calcium channels.
- BPharm(Hons), PhD
- National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) CJ Martin Postdoctoral Fellowship; National Institutes of Health (NIH) Postdoctoral Fellowship; ASCEPT Denis Wade Johnson and Johnson Young Investigator Award; NIEHS Martin Rodbell Award; Dean’s Award for Research Higher Degree Excellence; University Medal.
- Biochemical Society, Australasian Society of Clinical and Experimental Pharmacologists and Toxicologists (ASCEPT), Australia and New Zealand Society for Cell and Developmental Biology (ANZSCDB)
Intracellular calcium signalling in a model of breast cancer metastasis
- Azimi I, Beilby H, Davis FM, Marcial DL, Kenny PA, Thompson EW, et al. Altered purinergic receptor Ca2+ signaling associated with hypoxia-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in breast cancer cells. Mol Oncol (2015), [in press].
- Davis FM, Janoshazi A, Kyathanahalli S, Steinckwich N, D’Agostin D, Petranka JG, et al. Essential role of Orai1 calcium channels in lactation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A (2015), 112(18):5827-32.
- Davis FM, Stewart TA, Thompson EW, Monteith GR. Targeting EMT in cancer: opportunities for pharmacological intervention. Trends Pharmacol Sci (2014); 35(9):479-88.
- Xing J, Petranka JG, Davis FM, Desai PN, Putney JW, Bird GS. Role of Orai1 and store-operated calcium entry in mouse lacrimal gland signaling and function. J Physiol (2014); 592:927-39.
- Davis FM, Parsonage MT, Cabot PJ, Parat MO, Thompson EW, Roberts-Thomson SJ et al. Assessment of gene expression of intracellular calcium channels, pumps and exchangers with epidermal growth factor-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in a breast cancer cell line. Cancer Cell Int (2013); 13(1):76.
- Davis FM, Azimi I, Faville RA, Peters AA, Jalink K, Putney JW, Goodhill GJ, Thompson EW et al. Induction of epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) in breast cancer cells is calcium signal dependent. Oncogene (2014); 33(18):2307-16.
- Monteith GR, Davis FM, Roberts-Thomson SJ. Calcium channels and pumps in cancer: changes and consequences. J Biol Chem (2012); 287(38):31666-73.
- Davis FM, Peters AA, Grice DM, Cabot PJ, Parat MO, Roberts-Thomson SJ, et al. Non-stimulated, agonist-stimulated and store-operated Ca2+ influx in MDA-MB-468 breast cancer cells and the effect of EGF-induced EMT on calcium entry. PLoS ONE (2012); 7(5):e36923.
- Davis FM, Kenny PA, Soo ET-L, van Denderen BJW, Thompson EW, Cabot PJ, Parat MO, et al. Remodeling of purinergic receptor-mediated Ca2+ signaling as a consequence of EGF-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in breast cancer cells. PLoS ONE (2011); 6(8):e23464.
- Lee JM, Davis FM, Roberts-Thomson SJ, Monteith GR. Remodeling of Ca2+ signaling in tumorigenesis: the role of Ca2+ transport. Am J Physiol-Cell Physiol (2011); 301(5):C969-76.
- McAndrew D, Grice DM, Peters AA, Davis FM, Stewart T, Rice M, Smart CE et al. ORAI1-mediated calcium influx in lactation and in breast cancer. Mol Cancer Ther (2011);10:448-60.