Homerton College does not only run:
There are also numerous access and outreach events throughout the year; these are sometimes partnered with other Colleges or the central University team.
Please bookmark this page to keep up to date with the latest news and upcoming events that may be useful for your school. If you are interested in attending any of the events listed below please use the contact details provided with each individual event.
Homerton College Open Days
- Homerton College welcomes potential applicants to attend one of its open days, allowing them to find out more about the college.
- On these open days, students and their parents will get a chance to look around the college, and speak to Admissions Staff, Directors of Study, and current Homerton Students.
- Please click here to find out more about our Open Days.
Newnham College & Homerton College BAME Conferences: 16 February 2019
The 2019 BAME Conferences for Women & Girls are taking place at Newnham College and Homerton College this February.
This event aims to increase the number of high achieving BAME students making informed applications to Cambridge. Attendees will have the opportunity to speak with Admissions Tutors and staff about the application process. They will also meet with current BAME students from across the university, to find out what studying at Cambridge is like from the perspective of an undergraduate.
The Conferences are open to BAME women & girls in Years 10 – 12.
- Year 10 & 11 – Homerton College
- Year 12 – Newnham College
Applications now open – register your interest here!
Scottish Schools Tour: 6th - 14th March 2019
- The dates for the 2019 Scottish Schools Tour are Wednesday 6th - Thursday 14th March 2019.
- Representatives from the University of Cambridge tour Scottish schools to speak with students and teachers about the University. The Schools Tour is aimed principally at schools which are unable to attend the February Information Seminars or Edinburgh Student Conference (see below). Talks can be targeted at students in S3, S4 or S5 and can cover a variety of topics, including Cambridge Admissions, information about going to University more generally, student finance, etc.
- If you would be interested in a representative visiting your school, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following completed booking form: Scotland Schools Tour Application Form.docx
Cambridge Admissions Office Events
The Cambridge Admissions Office organises a number of events for students each year.
Information can be found on specific events by clicking on the links below:
- Year 12 Sutton Trust Summer Schools - bookings for 2019 now open!
- Year 12 Subject Masterclasses - bookings for Spring 2019 now open!
- Year 12 Oxford and Cambridge Student Conferences - bookings for 2019 now open!
- Year 11 The Subject Matters - bookings for Jan/Feb 2019 now open!
Scottish Information Seminars
- Information seminars take place in February/March for students in S4 and S5, and their teachers and advisers, to learn about the University of Oxford or Cambridge
- Interview seminars take place in September for students in S6 wishing to apply to the University of Oxford or Cambridge.
- Events take place in Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
- If you would like to learn more about these events, or to book onto the February/March 2019 seminars, please click here
Homerton College Shadowing Scheme
- The Homerton College Shadowing Scheme is run by the Homerton Union of Students and takes place in late February.
- The programme welcomes year 12 students from our link areas to visit Homerton College and shadow an undergraduate student, allowing them to experience supervisions and lectures.
- For information and details on how to apply, please contact the Homerton Target and Access officer: email@example.com
- Applications for the 2019 scheme are now closed.
CUSU Shadowing Scheme
- Cambridge University Students Union organises an annual shadowing scheme for year 12 students from state-funded schools across the UK
- Students spend three days in Cambridge shadowing a current undergraduate who studies a subject they are interested in.
- Further information can be found at http://www.applytocambridge.com/shadowing/
- Applications for 2019 are now closed.
Please check back later for more upcoming events