Pastoral and Welfare support

There are a variety of people available to support students through times of difficulty, whether it is for emotional, physical or mental health concerns.

Support available through College

  • Sandy Chambers is the Student Health Advisor. She is located in the Health Centre on the ground floor of West House or you can contact her via email or phone Ext (7) 47248. Opening times are advertised on the Health Centre door and the Health webpage.
  • Every student has a College Tutor who is assigned to them and who can be consulted about personal difficulties.
  • We have a College Counsellor, please see the Welfare page for further details.
  • Student Welfare Officers have a 24 hour phone service and can be contacted on 07876317717
  • Two College Discrimination and Harassment Contacts
  • ​If you are looking for ways to help a friend, you may wish to read this useful guide.

Support available from the University

  • The University Counselling Service has helped many thousands of students over recent years and the service has experience of dealing with a wide range of problems. Students can approach the University Counselling Service with confidentiality guaranteed.
  • Mental Health Advisors offer a range of interventions to students experiencing moderate to severe mental health difficulties.
  • If you are a student with a disability, you may wish to contact the University Disability Resource Centre (DRC) on (01223) 332301 or by email. It would also be helpful if you could contact the College Disability Officer  to discuss any special arrangements or support that you may require during your course.
  • Linkline is a student run active listening service. You can call anytime between 7pm and 7am every night in full term by phone or skype (01223) 774444.
  • Student Advice Centre offers free confidential and independent advice support and representation to all Cambridge University students (01223) 746999.