Postgraduate Fees and Funding

Fees and Costs

  • Course fees are set by the University, and vary by degree type and student nationality: please see the main University website for further details.
  • College accommodation residence charges, including room rents, for 2018-19 can be found here.
  • For resident students, these amounts include £115 a term Minimum Meal Contribution (MMC), which can be used to purchase College food at 10% discount.
  • Non-resident students are charged £100 a year to cover the use of the College facilities.

Please see the University's Graduate Admissions pages for further details about course finances and the cost of living in Cambridge.


Funding, Grants and Awards

The University's Funding Search website is a useful tool for incoming postgraduate students to identify any grants or studentships for which they may be eligible.

If you nominated Homerton as your first or second choice of College on your application you will be eligible to apply for the Charter Graduate Award. This is a sum of £1,500, paid annually, renewable over a period of 3 years for PhDs, subject to satisfactory progress.

At the moment Homerton College is also part of the Newton College Master's Scheme, co-funded with the Newton Trust: we offer up to three co-funded £12,000 awards, for successful Home Master's applicants who have the intention of continuing to a PhD. You will automatically be entered for this scheme if you are eligible, and transferred to Homerton if successful.

Once matriculated, current graduate students can apply for Research Grants to assist with expenses such as conference registration fees. Student Representation Awards are made to those who contribute at a University level to sports, societies, music, or drama. In addition, students who find themselves in severe hardship due to unforeseen financial difficulties may apply to the limited College Hardship Fund.