Undergraduate Applications for 2019 Entry and for 2020 (Deferred Entry)
Thank you for your application to Homerton College. Please read all the information below carefully as it is relevant for those who have applied to begin in 2019 or 2020 (deferred entry). If you have any questions at all, please contact our Admissions Office.
1. Important Information for All Applicants
- Please ensure that you have received a confirmation email from Cambridge University and been directed to complete the Online Supplementary Application Questionnaire (SAQ). The completed SAQ must be submitted no later than 18:00 UK time on 22nd October 2018.
Pre-interview assessments have been introduced for some subjects, all applicants should check the University website for full details http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/applying/admissions-assessments/pre-interview and if required should ensure that they have registered for the appropriate pre-interview assessment by 18:00 UK time on 15th October 2018.
- Non UK applicants:
- Overseas applicants are still required to complete the SAQ (section 1 only) and should have submitted a COPA (Cambridge Online Preliminary Application) by the appropriate deadlines, as listed below. Overseas applicants who have applied for an overseas interview will be contacted by the Office coordinating these applications and informed of any interviews/tests that have been arranged in your preferred interview location. You are not required to send any written work to the College.
- Transcripts: a High School Transcript is required to be submitted as part of an application to Cambridge, unless you have taken IGCSEs/GCSEs and modular A/AS Levels or CIE A Levels, where you are provided with Percentage Uniform Mark (PUM). Please see below for further information.
- Overview of application deadlines for 2019 entry:
To be considered for interview in Submit UCAS application by Submit COPA by Pre-interview assessment registration by Submit Transcript by Submit SAQ by China, Malaysia, Singapore 20 September 2018 20 September 2018 15 October 2018 20 September 2018 22 October 2018 Cambridge, Canada, Hong Kong, India 15 October 2018 19 October 2018 15 October 2018 19 October 2018 22 October 2018
- All Home/EU Students and Overseas Students requesting interview in Cambridge only:
- Please ensure to read all the information below, and in particular, the following:
- Provisional Interview dates
- Notes for Applicants: Please check whether you are required to submit written work for your subject and what type of assessment (pre-interview or at-interview is in place for your applied for subject).
- How to send your written work to the College, if required, for your subject.
2. A Guide to the Application Process and Important Dates (September to January)
Please read through all the information below very carefully, paying particlar attention to the date(s) when information is required from you and what you need to do.
Early September 2018:
- UCAS Apply opens.
1 Septemer 2018:
20 September 2018:
- UCAS and COPA applications: Deadline from students wishing to be considered for interview overseas in China, Malaysia, or Singapore.
1 October 2018:
- BMAT: All Medicine applicants to ensure that you have registered for the BMAT by 17:00 UK Time.
15 October 2018:
- UCAS application: All applicants to submit their UCAS application by 18:00 UK time on 15 October 2018.
- Pre-interview Assessment: If you are applying for a subject which requires you to take a pre-interview assessment, please ensure that you have registered by this date.
- Extenuating Circumstances Form: If your education has been significantly disrupted or disadvantaged, it may be appropriate for your school/college referee (or your doctor or social worker) to complete and submit an Extenuating Circumstances Form by this date.
19 October 2018:
- COPA (Cambridge Online Preliminary Application): The COPA is a required part of the admissions process for anyone applying from outside the European Union (EU), if you did not attend school or college in the UK or EU, and would like to be considered for interview in Cambridge, Canada, Hong Kong, India.
22 October 2018:
- SAQ (Supplementary Application Questionnaire): Please ensure that you complete and submit your SAQ by the deadline of: 18:00 (UK time) on 22 October 2018.
- Transcript: A High School Transcript will need to be uploaded via the COPA or SAQ form, if relevant. To find out if you need to submit a high school transcript (a record of your academic achievement) as part of your application to Cambridge, see "Do I need to submit a transcript''?, and select the statement that applies to you. Also, refer to the Transcript Flowchart. See our PDF Creation Guide for instructions on creating your transcript PDF, if you need to upload a transcript. Please note that you must enter all your qualifications from secondary education onwards (even any that were ungraded) in your UCAS application, regardless of transcript requirements.
- Adjustment/Allowances Form: If you have disclosed a disability, Specific Learning Difficulty or long-term illness on your UCAS application, you must submit this form and supporting documents (even if only to confirm that no adjustments are required). If you have answered ‘Yes’ to any of the questions on the form, you will need to provide evidence from your school or college confirming your Disability/Specific Learning Difficulty/long-term illness, and the allowances you are currently being given. (Please do NOT send a full Educational Psychologist report at this stage unless there is particular reference to the support you require that will help the College make appropriate adjustments to its assessment and selection procedures).
31 October 2018:
- Pre-interview Assessment are taken on this date. You would need to have registered by 15 October.
By 8 November 2018:
- Written work: The College must have received any written work, if relevant, for your course by this date, at the latest. Read the Notes for Applicants as it will explain whether written work is required for your subject.
How to send your written work to the College, if required, for your subject:
- Please use a separate Cover Sheet for each piece of work. Each cover sheet must be signed by your school/college.
- Legible photocopies are acceptable. Work submitted must be original marked work not rewritten or corrected for Cambridge. All written work must be in English (except where required for Modern Languages and joint courses including a Modern Language). Please keep a copy of what you send, as reference may be made to it at interview.
- Work should be provided as single-sided photocopies, paper-clipped together, not stapled or folded. Please do not send original documents.
- All written work must be sent by post to the Admissions Office, Homerton College, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 8PH. Please label the envelope with your name and the course you have applied for.
- UMS Marks: All applicants who have taken or are taking A level modular courses must send in certified copies of their UMS Statement(s) of Results from the exam board(s) or signed and stamped printouts from their school.
Late November 2018:
- You will find out by late November if you have/have not been invited to attend interview in the form of an email from the Admissions Office. Please read the Notes for Applicants* for information about what to expect if invited for interview. Please also see ‘Provisional Interview Dates and Information’ below for further information about the interview process.
*Please note that the interview information in the Notes for Applicants document is not relevant to those who have requested an interview in Canada, China, India, Singapore, Malaysia or Hong Kong. Such applicants will be contacted by the Overseas Applications Office via email with further instructions.
3-14 December 2018:
- Interviews: The interviews in Cambridge will take place during these dates in December.
- Decisions: Decisions are sent out to all applicants who attended interview in December, and there are three possible outcomes for any one application:
- A conditional offer is made
- Further consideration through the Winter Pool
- The application is unsuccessful (click here for information on feedback about admissions decisions)
All applicants for entry in 2019 and deferred entry in 2020 will be emailed with the outcome of their application (exact date in January to be confirmed). A detailed offer letter and supporting documents will also be sent by post to successful applicants.
3) General Information for All Applicants
- Sending documents to the College: We only accept written work (if applicable for your subject), documents, certificates and forms by post. Email attachments and/or faxed copies are not acceptable.The postal address is: The Admissions Office, Homerton College, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 8PH
- If you are an international student, you must post the relevant items in time for us to receive them by the deadline. The University of Cambridge has produced a guide for prospective international undergraduate students. You can find a PDF version on the international undergraduate webpage.
- Admissions Flowchart (Outlines what will happen with your application between now and August 2019)
- Change of email address or contact details: If your email address or contact details change, please update them through UCAS track: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/login.
4) Provisional Interview Dates and Information
Please regularly check this information for updates on the interview dates included below.
You will find out by late November if you have been invited to an interview. The dates shown below are provisional and may still be subject to change. We advise applicants not to make travel arrangements until they receive an interview invitation by email. Please let the Admissions Office know immediately if it will be impossible for you to attend interview on any dates in the main interview period (3rd - 14th December). It is also possible that some interviews will take place before 3rd December. Interview invitations will be emailed and will detail the names of the interviewers, the times and locations of interviews and details of any other requirements (i.e. reading a passage before interview, admissions assessment, etc). Please therefore be careful to regularly check the email account you list in your UCAS application (and please be careful to check spam/junk mail folders).
We understand that applicants wish to find out news of their application and interview arrangements as quickly as possible. However, to enable us to send out decisions and interview information as promptly as we possibly can, we kindly ask that applicants try not to email and telephone the Admissions Office to request more news before the end of November if possible (by which time we hope all applicants will have heard from us).
|Subject||Provisional interview date(s)|
|Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic||Fri 8 December|
|Archaeology||Tues 12 December|
|Asian and Middle Eastern Studies||Mon 4, Tues 5 and Wed 6 December|
|Chemical Engineering||Fri, 8 December|
|Classics||Mon 4, Tues 5 and Wed 6 December|
|Computer Science||Thurs 7 and Fri 8 December|
|Economics||Mon 4 and Tues 5 December|
|Education, Psychology and Learning||Mon 4, Tues 5 and Wed 6 December|
|Education, Policy and International Development||Mon, Tues 5 and Wed 6 December|
|Education, English, Drama and the Arts||Mon, Tues 5 and Wed 6 December|
|Engineering||Mon 11, Wed 13 and Thurs 14 December|
|English||Mon 11, Tues 12 and Wed 13 December|
|Geography||Mon 11 and Tues 12 December|
|History||Mon 11 and Tues 12 December|
|History and Modern Languages||Fri 8 December (To be confirmed)|
|History and Politics||Wed 13 December|
|History of Art||Tues 5, Wed 6 and Thurs 7 December|
|HSPS||Mon 4, Tues 5 and Wed 6 December|
|Land Economy||Mon 27 and Tues 28 November|
|Law||Wed 6, Thurs 7 and Fri 8 December|
|Linguistics||Mon 4, Tues 5 and Wed 6 December|
|Mathematics||Tues 12, Wed 13 and Thurs 14 December|
|Medicine||Mon 4, Tues 5 and Wed 6 December|
|Modern & Medieval Languages||Fri 8 December (To be confirmed)|
|Music||Thurs 7 December|
|Natural Sciences (Biological)||Tues 5, Fri 8, Mon 11 and Tues 12 December|
|Natural Sciences (Physical)||Wed 6, Thurs 7, Wed 13 and Thurs 14 December|
|Philosophy||Tues 5 and Wed 6 December|
|Psychological & Behavioural Sciences||Tues 12, Wed 13 and Thurs 14 December|
|Theology & Religious Studies||Mon 4 and Tues 5 December|
5) Replying to your Interview Invitation
Our interview invites will be emailed out by late November. We ask all applicants invited to interview to complete our Interview Reply Form to confirm that they can attend. We can offer accommodation to those who require it at no cost and there is space on the Reply Form to indicate if this is required. The Interview Reply Form must be emailed to email@example.com. Please return the form to us as promptly as possible.
6) Financial Support for Interview Travel Costs
To enable applicants to come to interview in Cambridge, the Colleges are pleased to provide support for travel costs to students who are in local authority care and/or are currently in receipt of free school meals and who attend a UK maintained sector school/college. Public transport travel costs between £20 and £80 will be reimbursed, and the Colleges will contact eligible applicants directly with further information when they are invited to interview.
Please check this page regularly for updates. The table below will highlight exactly what has been updated on the webpage, the date this took place as well as information about key communication with applicants.
|Application Acknowledgement emails sent to applicants||As of 20 September 2018|
|Webpage was last updated||6 March 2018|