COVID-19 Guidelines for the Homerton College Community
As a College, we are committed to providing the best possible care for our students and Fellows, as well as a safe working environment for staff.
Following the outbreak of Covid-19 in one of our student accommodation blocks, the senior management team have been working closely with Public Health England, local public health authorities and the Collegiate University’s Incident Management team. We are making sure that all students, including those in self-isolation, are given the highest level of support and provided with clear and consistent information.
We ask that all members of the Homerton community continue to adhere to the Covid-19 safety guidelines in place, both in College and the wider University. They are there to protect you and your fellow Homertonians.
Over the next few weeks, our Principal Geoff Ward will be providing a daily video update, to ensure our members and the wider community are kept up to date with the situation at Homerton.
Daily Update 22nd October
- From today students currently isolating in West House have access to an outdoor space. This carefully controlled rota system is being managed by the College's isolation team.
- Students are working collaberatively with the College to ensure that all Covid-19 guidelines are followed.
- A range of mental health and welfare resources have been made available to those students currently in isolation.
Daily Update 21st October
- The welfare of students is our prime concern. There will be daily prompts to help with mental health and wellbeing from our Changemakers programme team.
- Students will have access to outdoor space from tomorrow on a carefully controlled rota based system. The College has recruited additional staff members to facilitate this.
- Data relating to isolating households and Covid-19 infection rates will be shared with students weekly.
- As per the Principal’s video update, behaviour that violates the College Covid-19 guidelines, putting other students at risk, will not be tolerated.
Daily Update 20th October
Latest College Statements
Guidelines and documents
- Guidelines for Students
- Student Welfare and Mental Health Support
- Guidelines for Staff and Fellows
- A COVID-19 secure workplace
- Guidelines for Visitors to College