Christine Doddington has been a member of Homerton College since 1984 and was made a Fellow of the college in 2007. She was formerly Graduate Tutor for Education Studies for the college from 2007-2010 and has also been a college tutor. Her main areas of research are in aesthetic education and philosophy of education.
Philosophy of Education, Aesthetics and the arts as education
Philosophy of Education within the Education Tripos, Drama in Education, The Arts, Creativity, Education and Culture.
- Doddington, C. (2013) (forthcoming) ‘ Global Changes in Teacher Education: How should teachers think for themselves’ in Education 3-13
- Doddington, C. (2013) (forthcoming) ‘ The Pedagogic Art of Philosophy’ in Educational Philosophy and Theory - special edition: Philosophy for Children
- Doddington, C. (2010) ‘Mimesis and Experience revisited: Can philosophy revive the practice of arts education?’ Journal of Philosophy of Education of Great Britain’ Vol 44
- Doddington, C. (2010) ‘The Richness of Art’ – a review in Cambridge Journal of Educaion Vol 40 No 2 June
- Doddington, C. (2010) Ed ‘The Cambridge Primary Review Research Findings’ Alexander, R, Doddington, C. Grey, J. Hargreaves, L. Kershner, R. (Eds)
- Doddington, C. (2008) 'A critique of critical thinking as a source of respect for persons' in Mason, M. Critical Thinking and Learning Victoria, Australia, Blackwell Publishing.
- Doddington, C. (2007). 'Individuals or persons: what ethics should help constitute the school as community?' Ethics and Education 2(2): 131-143.
- Doddington, C. and M. Hilton (2007). Child-Centred Education: Reviving the Creative Tradition. London, Sage Publications.
- Doddington, C. (2007). 'Critical Thinking as the Source of Respect for persons: a critique.' Educational Philosophy and Theory - special edition: Critical Thinking and Learning 39(4): 449-459.
- Doddington, C. (2004) 'Are we in time? Some comments arising from recent research into the initial training of primary teachers in the arts', Music Education Research, 6 (1)pp 97-100.
- Doddington, C. (Oct. 2001) 'Testing, testing, testing - Can you hear me ? Can year 3 pupils tell us anything we don't already know about assessment', Education 3-13, Vol. 29 No 3.
- Doddington, C., Flutter, J. Bearne, E. and Dimetriou, H. (Sept. 2001), 'Sustaining Progress in Year 3', Report of a project funded by Ofsted, Homerton Research Unit.
- Doddington, C. (May 2001) 'Entitled to speak: Talk in the classroom' in Studies in Philosophy and Education, Vol. 20 No 3.
- Doddington, C. , Flutter, J. and Rudduck, J. (2000) 'Taking their word for it . Can listening and responding to pupils' views give new directions for school improvement?' Education 3-13, Vol. 28 No 3.
- Doddington, C. (1999) 'From Minnie the Minx to Little Lord Fontleroy: Understanding Character in Fiction' in Anderson, H. and Styles, M. (eds.) 'Teaching through Text', London: Routledge.