If you're a teacher or adviser at one of Homerton's link schools, please sign up to our newsletter for monthly updates on upcoming outreach events by clicking here.
Homerton College does not only run:
There are numerous other access and outreach events throughout the year; these are sometimes partnered with other Colleges or the central University team.
Please subscribe to our teachers' newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news and upcoming events that may be useful for your school. If you are interested in attending any of the events listed below please use the contact details provided with each individual event.
Many outreach events held by the Universities of Cambridge and Oxford, their constituent Colleges and their Departments, are advertised on our Collaborative Outreach website. We would recommend bookmarking this website and checking it regularly for information about the numerous opportunities available.
Homerton College Open Days
- Homerton College welcomes potential applicants to attend one of its open days, including the University Open Days which will take place on 4th and 5th July 2019.
- On these open days, students and their parents will get a chance to look around the college, and speak to Admissions Staff, Directors of Study, and current Homerton Students.
- Please click here to find out more about our Open Days.
Events in Scotland
- Homerton and Pembroke Colleges are the link Colleges for schools in Scotland. We visit Scotland several times per year to provide talks and workshops geared specifically towards Scottish students, most recently in March 2019.
- Our next visit is planned for August 2019 (exact dates TBC), when we will be holding Interview Seminars for S6 students who will be applying to Oxford or Cambridge. In previous years, we have held sessions in Aberdeen, Glasgow and Edinburgh. To be notified about these, and future outreach events in Scotland or that may be relevant for Scottish students, please sign up to our Scotland Mailing List.
- For any enquiries relating to outreach in Scotland, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cambridge Admissions Office Events
The Cambridge Admissions Office organises a number of events for students each year.
Information can be found on specific events by clicking on the links below:
- Year 12 Sutton Trust Summer Schools - applications for 2019 now closed
- Year 12 Subject Masterclasses - bookings for Spring 2019 now closed
- Year 12 Oxford and Cambridge Student Conferences - bookings for 2019 now closed
- Year 10 and 11 Subject Matters - bookings for Spring 2019 now closed
Homerton College Shadowing Scheme
- The Homerton College Shadowing Scheme is run by the Homerton Union of Students and takes place in late February.
- The programme welcomes year 12 students from our link areas to visit Homerton College and shadow an undergraduate student, allowing them to experience supervisions and lectures.
- For information and details on how to apply, please contact the Homerton Target and Access officer: email@example.com
- Applications for the 2019 scheme are now closed.
CUSU Shadowing Scheme
- Cambridge University Students Union organises an annual shadowing scheme for year 12 students from state-funded schools across the UK
- Students spend three days in Cambridge shadowing a current undergraduate who studies a subject they are interested in.
- Further information can be found at http://www.applytocambridge.com/shadowing/
- Applications for 2019 are now closed.
Please check back later for more upcoming events