Homerton International Programme - Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY. IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CONTRACT WITH THE COLLEGE
Contract with Homerton College known here as “the College”
1. The purpose of these Terms and Conditions is to set out the contractual basis for your relationship with the College, and to draw your attention to key terms.
2. Your contract with the College is made up of:
a. these Terms and Conditions,
b. the course description on the course web page which is available through www.homerton.cam.ac.uk/international (you should consider printing a copy of this page as a record of the information provided),
c. the offer letter from the College;
d. the College’s Statutes and Regulations, and rules and policies made under them (see paragraphs 5 and 6 below).
3. Your formal offer of a place on the Homerton International Programme is set out in the offer letter or email from the College (the “Offer”). By accepting your Offer you enter into your contract with the College. Please note that your Offer may be subject to academic and/or financial conditions.
4. You will enter into this contract with the College even if your fees are paid by a third party on your behalf.
College Statutes, Regulations and Policies
5. You will be at least 18 years old by the time the programme starts.
6. By paying your fees you agree to comply with the College’s Statutes and Regulations as amended from time to time and with the Statements and Codes of Policy, Practice and Procedure which are made under them. These include the College’s Code of Discipline, and other regulations containing your studies, conduct and behaviour including regulations relating to harassment, the use of IT facilities, health and safety issues and legislative requirements such as data protection.
7. The Homerton International Programme’s Policies and Guidelines, which are set out at www.homerton.cam.ac.uk/international contain the key provisions of which you need to be aware.
8. You may be removed or suspended from the course if the College considers that you are in breach of any of these rules including the Code of Discipline.
Fees and Payment
9. Details of the fees and charges you will have to pay will be sent to you.
10. Once you have accepted your Offer, an invoice will be issued to you with full details of how to pay.
11. It is your responsibility to ensure that the College’s fees for the course and all other charges relating to the course (some of which may be subject to a separate agreement) are paid by the deadline.
12. If your fees are paid by a third party which informs the Homerton International Programme that it accepts full liability for your fees, then the College will invoice the third party directly and will seek to recover any unpaid fees from the third party in the first instance. However, the College reserves the right to seek payment from you if recovery from the third party is unsuccessful.
13. The College reserves the right to refuse you admission to your course if you have not paid all course and registration fees and accommodation fees in full before the course starts. It also reserves the right to refuse admission if you do not meet the application criteria.
14. All payments must be in GB Pounds Sterling. You must pay any currency conversion costs or other charges incurred in making the payment or in processing a refund.
Cancellations and refunds – within 14 days
15. You have the right to cancel your contract at any time within 14 days (not business days) of receipt of your confirmation message following payment. You will receive a full refund of any payments you have made.
16. If you choose a course that is due to start within 14 days of commencement of your contract and you then wish to cancel after your course has started, you will be required to pay for any part of your course that has taken place before you give notice of cancellation. This amount will be calculated on a pro rata basis.
17. To cancel within 14 days please inform us in writing, either by email to the course administrator or in writing to: Homerton International Programme, Homerton College, Hills Road, Cambridge, United Kingdom. Please write the name of your course in the subject-line of your email or on the envelope. You may use the cancellation form provided with the acknowledgement email or letter if you wish, but you are not obliged to do so.
Cancellations and refunds – after 14 days
18. If you cancel your place on a course at any time after expiry of the 14 day period you will not be entitled to a refund, except in exceptional circumstances, at the discretion of the College. If a refund is made an administration fee may be charged.
19. Subject to academic approval and availability, you may be able to transfer your enrolment to a different programme, or a later iteration of the same course, subject to any administration fees. Course fees already paid can be transferred to the new course, and any outstanding balance must be paid in full before the place can be confirmed. You will also be charged a £75 transfer fee.
20. To cancel after 14 days, or to ask to transfer, please write to us as early as possible either by email to the course administrator or by post to: Homerton International Programme, Homerton College, Hills Road, Cambridge, United Kingdom, United Kingdom explaining your reason for requesting the cancellation, details of the course you are cancelling and your booking reference. Please write the name of your Programme in the subject-line of your email or on the envelope. If you are asking to transfer you should also tell us the programme you wish to transfer to and include a completed application form for the new programme.
Cancellation by us
21. Where there are good reasons to do so the College may cancel your course and will make every reasonable effort to give you as much notice of cancellation as possible (normally at least 15 working days prior to the start date). The College will refund all fees paid by you and will endeavour to offer a transfer to another course as an alternative, subject to payment or refund of any difference in purchase price.
22. The College’s liability when it cancels a course will be limited to a refund of any fees or charges paid for the cancelled course, and to a refund of received College accommodation fees. For partial cancellation of a course, such refunds will be made on a proportionate basis.
Changes to Courses
23. The College will seek to deliver each course in accordance with the description set out in your course web page.
24. However, there may be situations in which it is desirable or necessary for the College to make changes in course provision, either before or after enrolment. The College therefore reserves the right to:
a. make reasonable changes to the timetable, location or academic staff specified for a course; and
b. make reasonable changes to the content and syllabus of a course when necessary.
Visual and/or audio recordings
25. The College may take visual and/or audio recordings of students during the course and use these for promotional, management or educational purposes. If you do not consent to this you must notify the Homerton International Programme in writing before the start of your course.
26. By paying your fees you agree to the College collecting and using your individual personal data, including, in exceptional circumstances, sensitive personal data. This will be done in accordance with the principles set out in the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). These include ensuring that your data will only be used in a way which is fair, lawful and secure.
27. If you have a complaint you should follow Continuing Education’s Complaints Policy available at www.homerton.cam.ac.uk/international
28. Your contract with the College and any dispute arising from it (including non-contractual disputes) shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts
Travel Arrangements and Airport Transfers
29. Airport Transfers are not included in the package for individual applicants. Please make your way to the college by Coach, Train or Taxi. Your room will be ready from 14.00 on the day the programme starts. For University Groups bus services are included and your international office will coordinate with Homerton College these arrangements for transfers.
Food and Meals
30. Weekdays food will be provided daily (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner), Weekends Breakfast only. (Please note that no meals on arrival day and breakfast only on departure day).