Nick completed his PhD studies as a Rod Rickards Scholar with Professor Mick Sherburn at the Australian National University before undertaking postdoctoral research with Dr Andy Lawrence at University of Edinburgh, and is now working with Professor John Sutherland at the MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology in Cambridge.
Nick’s background is in organic synthesis spanning transition metal and organic catalysis, total synthesis, and biomimetic chemistry, and he is now investigating the origins of life.
- Origins of life
- Organic chemistry
- Total synthesis
- Prebiotic chemistry
- Multi-bond forming processes in efficient synthesis, NJ Green, MS Sherburn, Australian Journal of Chemistry 66 (3), 267-283, 41 2013.
- Application of the aza-Diels–Alder reaction in the synthesis of natural products, MH Cao, NJ Green, SZ Xu, Organic & biomolecular chemistry 15 (15), 3105-3129, 22 2017.
- Domino cycloaddition organocascades of dendralenes, NJ Green, AL Lawrence, G Bojase, AC Willis, MN Paddon‐Row, ..., Angewandte Chemie 125 (32), 8491-8494, 20 2013.
- Direct Cross‐Couplings of Propargylic Diols, NJ Green, AC Willis, MS Sherburn, Angewandte Chemie International Edition 55 (32), 9244-9248, 6 2016.
- Bio‐inspired Domino oxa‐Michael/Diels–Alder/oxa‐Michael Dimerization of para‐Quinols, NJ Green, CA Connolly, KPW Rietdijk, GS Nichol, F Duarte, AL Lawrence, Angewandte Chemie 130 (21), 6306-6310, 2 2018.
- Synthesis of Dendralenes, NJ Green, MF Saglam, MS Sherburn, Cross Conjugation: Modern Dendralene, Radialene and Fulvene Chemistry, 2016.
- Multi-bond forming processes: making and using dendralenes, NJ Green, The Australian National University, 2015.
- BECKWITH REVIEW SERIES, NJ Green, MS Sherburn, CJ Easton, C Wentrup, D Kvaskoff, F Cao, ..