Dr Paul Elliott is Director of Studies in Biology and Scientific Admissions Tutor at Homerton College, Cambridge, and a Bye-Fellow at Selwyn College, Cambridge. His research focuses on the biology and control of aquatic pest species such as the notorious zebra mussel. Paul is also an interviewer for students wanting to take the Natural Sciences course at the University of Cambridge and supervises the first year 'Evolution and Behaviour' course.
Paul has organised a number of outreach and scientific engagement courses, including for the Sutton Trust, the Teach First Higher Education Access Programme, and Kings/Pembroke Summer Programmes.
Animal Behaviour and Ecology.
Links to online publications, articles or other work
The zebra mussel in England: biology, impacts and control
- Costa, R., Elliott, P., Aldridge, D.C. and Moggridge, G.M. 2011. Enhanced mortality of the biofouling zebra mussel, Dreissena polymorpha, through the application of combined control agents. Journal of Great Lakes Research. 37(2), pp.272-278.
- Elliott, P., Aldridge., D.C., Moggridge., G.D. 2010. The development of micro-encapsulated toxins to control zebra mussels. In: The Zebra Mussel in Europe (Eds: Van der Velde, G., Rajagopal, S., and Bij de Vaate, A). Backhuys Publishers, London, pp 371-381.
- Costa, R., Elliott, P., Saraiva, P.M., Aldridge, D.C. and Moggridge, G.M. 2008. Development of sustainable solutions for zebra mussel control through chemical product engineering. Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering 16 (2008) 435-440.
- Elliott, P., Aldridge, D.C., and Moggridge, G.D. 2008. Zebra mussel filtration and its potential uses in industrial water treatment. Water research. 42, 1664-1674.
- Elliott, P., and Zu Ermgassen, P.S. 2008. The Asian clam (Corbicula fluminea) in the River Thames, London, England. Aquatic Invasions. March, 54-60.
- Aldridge, D.C., Moggridge, G.D. and Elliott, P.E. 2006. A micro-encapsulated biobullet for the control of biofouling zebra mussels. Environmental Science and Technology. 40 (3), 975 -979.
- Elliott, P., Aldridge, D.C. and Moggridge, G.D., 2005. The increasing effects of zebra mussels on water installations in England. Water and Environmental Management. Dec, 367-375.
- Aldridge, D.C., Elliott, P. and Moggridge, G.D. 2004. The recent and rapid spread of the zebra mussel (Dreissena polymorpha) in Great Britain. Biological Conservation, 119, 253-261.