Postgraduate Accommodation

Homerton has purpose-built graduate accommodation in quiet surroundings on the main College site. This means that you can enjoy the Gothic surroundings of the older buildings such as the Great Hall while living in modern and well-equipped rooms. We offer rooms to all full-time graduate students whenever possible, but unfortunately are not able to accommodate part-time students. Although we are unable to guarantee accommodation to any incoming student, we aim to allocate rooms to all those who meet all of their entry conditions by 31 July of their year of arrival.

Most resident graduate students will live in Morley House and Harrison House, which offer self-catered, en-suite rooms. Accommodation is arranged in groups of five rooms, sharing a fully-fitted kitchen; there is also a common room (‘MCR’) in Morley House. We may be able to offer a few cheaper rooms to graduates in the other accommodation blocks; however rooms may be smaller, and only offer small ‘gyp-room’ kitchens, for snack preparation.

Rent charges for the 2019-20 academic year can be found here.


Morley House

A tour of Morley House accommodation by a Homerton PhD student:


Harrison House

Harrison House 2017.jpg

Couples and families

Homerton mainly offers accommodation for single occupancy, though we have a few larger rooms for couples (both of whom must be students). Unfortunately we cannot at present offer accommodation for families: students who need family accommodation should get in touch with the University Accommodation Service to make arrangements to rent private accommodation.

Do I have to live in College?

No. Graduate members of Homerton can rent privately in the city but if you are a full-time student you must live within the University Precincts (that is, the 10 mile radius of Great St Mary's Church), unless you have permission to reside outside of this area.