PGCE: How to Apply
General Application Process
Full details of the application procedure are available on the Faculty of Education's website as the admitting body for PGCE courses at the University of Cambridge; however, the general process is:
- initial application is made through UCAS Teacher Training, details are available on their website;
- your application is forwarded to the Faculty of Education who will decide if they wish to call you for interview;
- when called for interview, you will be asked to complete a College Application Form where you can select a first and second choice College;
- following your interview, if you are offered a place on your chosen course and you choose to accept that offer, your application will be forwarded to your first choice College;
- your first choice College will either accept your application, or reject it and forward the papers onto your second choice College;
- your second choice College will either accept your application, or reject it and return the papers to the Faculty of Education. In these circumstances the Faculty of Education will forward your application to an appropriate College.
College Specific Process
- Your College Application Form will be passed to the Graduate Tutor for a decision.
- Once accepted, the Faculty of Education will be advised and an email will be sent confirming the offer of College membership; the Faculty of Education will also confirm this to you.
- In April, the first set of information regarding fees, funding and accommodation will be made available to applicants by way of a weblink sent in an email.
- In mid-August, the second set of information regarding registration, parking and specific College social events will be made available to applicants by way of a weblink sent in an email.