Please find below a guide to the key dates and deadlines for the admissions process at Homerton College. We advise all applicants to Homerton to very carefully check their email accounts (including junk mail folders) throughout the admissions process to ensure that they do not miss any important correspondence.
An overview of the application timeline
May - June
A levels, IB and other examinations taken by students in Year 13 (or equivalent) - incuding STEP, where required for Mathematics and other applicants.
Examination results published and confirmation of conditional offers for 2018 entry (of deferred entry in 2019) that have been met - all conditional offers must be met by the deadline set by UCAS unless otherwise specified.
- Early September: UCAS Apply open.
- 1 September: Deadline for COPA applications from Organ Scholarship applicants (UCAS applications must be submitted by 15 October).
- 20 September: Deadline for UCAS and COPA applications from students wishing to be considered for interview overseas in China, Malaysia or Singapore.
- 1 October: Deadine for Medicine applicants to have registered (by assessment centre) to take the BMAT.
- 15 October: Deadline for UCAS applications.
- 15 October: Deadline for applicants to be registered (by assessment centre) for pre-interview assessments, other than the BMAT.
- 15 October: Recommended deadline for submission of Extenuating Circumstances Form.
- 19 October: Deadline for submisson of a COPA and a Transcript from students who would like to be interviewed in Cambridge, Canada, India or Hong Kong.
- 22 October: Deadline for completion and submission of the online Supplementary Application Questionnaire (SAQ) for most applicants, as well as a Transcript (if relevant). Please carefully check your email inbox for your SAQ login details. If your SAQ is not completed by the deadline, your application will be invalid.
- 22 October: Deadline for adjustment forms and evidence (if relevant).
- 31 October: BMAT taken by Medicine applicants.
- 31 October: Pre-interview assessments taken.
- 3 - 28 October: Application acknowledgement emails will be sent from the Homerton College Admissions Office.
- Early November: Deadline for the submission of written work (if requested for your subject). Your acknowledgment email from Homerton will provide you with a cover sheet to accompany your work.
- Early November: Deadline for A level results breakdown/statement (if relevant).
- Late November: Emails sent to those applicants not selected for interview.
- Late November - early December: Interview invitations emailed to applicants being called for interview in Cambridge.
- First 2 weeks in December: Interviews, incuding at-interview assessments take place at Homerton College. Please note that it is possible that some interviews will be scheduled in late November.
- Early January: Winter pool takes place. A small number of applicants may be asked to attend a further interview.
- Mid-January: Decisions emailed to applicants (the exact date will be communicated nearer the time). If you receive an offer of a place, we will send your offciail offer letter and supporting documents by post. You will also be given a link to the offer holders page.
- End January: Final decisions to pooled applicants. Most applicants who were interviewed in December should have heard whether they have been accepted conditionally or unconditionaly, or have been unsuccessful before the end of January.
- 15 February: Deadline for applications for Choral Awards.
- 28 February: Deadline for applications for Instrumental Awards.
May - June
A levels, IB and other examinations taken - inlcuding STEP where required for Mathematics and other applicants.
Examination results published and confirmation of conditional offers for 2019 entry (or deferred entry in 2020) that have been met - all conditional offers must be met by 31 August (the deadline set by UCAS) unless otherwise specified.
- Early September: Freshers’ packs emailed to successful offer holders.