Events and activities
- Homerton Library inductions at the start of your course.
- Tour of the University Library.
- 1:1 advice from our Library team.
Online and self-led support
- Literature Searching for Undergraduates Moodle Course. A course you can work through in your own time – taking about 1 hour to complete. It aims to sharpen your techniques for searching effectively so you can locate relevant material for essays and dissertations.
- Navigating the online library – a course on Sway. Provided by the Moore Library. A self-taught course you can work through in your own time. For Undergraduates and anyone new to Cambridge University. It aims to guide you through some essential online tools, how to get the best out of them and how to develop an effective search strategy.
- Libguide on Literature Searching. Provided by Wolfson College. Tips on how to search effectively. A video on how to branch out from Google. Information and tip videos tailored to Google Scholar, JStor, Web of Science and Scopus. Downloadable materials such as a search strategy worksheet and a literature searching guide.
- Libguide on How to find things on your reading list. Provided by Wolfson College. Tips and a video on how to find the books and articles on your reading list and how to find both physical and online resources. Best for Undergraduates or anyone new to Cambridge University.
- Literature searching and evaluating sources (video from Homerton Library team)