Welcome to this deep-dive into Changemaking!!
This residential is an intensive, immersive & multidisciplinary experience, helping you build a toolkit for making positive change: with purpose, courage, knowledge and ambition. During the week you’ll be invited to focus on:
- yourself, learning to be well to serve well and to know more about who you are;
- developing capacity for getting things done in society, building skilful means;
- and contextualising these in terms of the world – macro systems, systems change and planetary-level considerations.
Self: changemaking begins with you
- Values & ethics in the embattled present
- Compassionate mind-sets
- Contemplative, embodied resilience
- Deep listening
- The powerful effects of imagination
Society: the tools you need
- Futures Literacy
- Public speaking, rhetoric and charisma
- Difficult conversations
- Creativity, art and mindful practices
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
World: levers for change
- Change models: policy and culture
- Systems thinking
- Innovation loops
- Case study field trip: art, power, change
- Case study theory to practice: the Inner Development Goals
The work will be supported by peer-coaching circles, mentoring, plenaries, case studies and a field trip, and a learning framework and bibliography). As ever, Changemakers helps you ask better questions in the company of others. We hope you will enjoy the week. And we are really looking forward to seeing you in September.